1965 Series 1 E-Type
A solid Series 1 4.2-litre car that had been sitting for a while and needed to be re-commissioned. We’re installed a new fuel tank and rebuilt the carbs, also rebuilt the diff and freshen up all the components. We pulled the engine and trans after finding the flywheel had rusted to the clutch. Cleaned everything up and reinstalled. The car is running and driving well and enjoy summer drives!
1976 Triumph TR6
The new owner of this really nice TR6 had us go through and check out the car for safety and running stability. We did a full service went through the suspension and brakes which needed attention. We have upgraded to new SU carbs and rebuilt the engine. It’s back on the road enjoying the miles.
1959 Austin Healey BN6
This car came to us after being ravaged by a body shop. Rust repair and old damage was done poorly and made panel alignment almost impossible. The car is now straight, aligned, and finished with a beautiful painted body. It’s back in the owner’s garage receiving his finishing touches.
1969 Jaguar Series 2 E-Type
This survivor car had been stored in a clean dry environment since the mid 1970s. We brought it back mechanically, got it running, and rebuilt the suspension and drivetrain. Now, with all new glass, trim, and a fresh paint job, the owner is all smiles and back on the road.
1965 Austin Healey 3000 BJ8
This car is another re-commission project, having sat for a few years. The gas tank was worthless, and the carbs needed a rebuild. We also replaced the top and installed a new stainless-steel exhaust, as well as fixed some rust damage in the trunk. New tires were mounted and after some tuning and a full service the car runs and drives very nicely.
1971 Alfa Romeo Kamm Tail Spider
This is a first year Kamm Tail 1750 Spider with only 4,829 produced. We had been working to slowly refurbish the car that would include a full engine rebuild in 2017 when John then bought this Alfa from the Fonda family in April of 2018. It has been returned to a very stock Spica injected engine configuration with a few driving upgrades. It now has new floors, driver’s side rocker panels, replaced and painted hood, rear deck lids, valance, as well as painted and repaired nose, and new front bumpers. The full interior and top are brand new and the wheels, tires, springs, and shocks have been upgraded to Konis and Eibachs. In addition, a rebuilt limited slip differential was added from a 1978 Afla. Its now a great driver and event car!.
Ferret Armored Car
We worked on a Land Rover last year for a customer who has some interesting vehicles. He recently acquired this Ferret Armored Scout Car that he hasn’t been able to get started and asked if we would like a go at it. After a fair amount of troubleshooting we got the six cylinder Rolls Royce gasoline engine to pop, but not run consistently. It was fun to have here for a while, but we don’t see a new niche opening up soon.
1965 Alfa Romeo Duetto Spider
This car belonged to our friend and Ferrari aficionado Tom Caulfield. We have been servicing the car for years, including an engine overhaul. The current owner, and another regular customer, recently brought it in for a few minor issues and a new exhaust. We also did a service check on this very original and really nice Duetto.
1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint
This car had been sitting for a quite a few years and been started but not used on the road for a while. It’s a really nice and well-loved car that had an older restoration but needed some service and refreshing. After a full maintenance checkup, we fixed a head gasket leak, replaced all of the cooling hoses, rebuilt the Weber carbs, installed an electronic ignition, and spruced up some of the paint. At the owner’s request we installed a modern retro radio and made sure the car was road worthy at a moments notice. She’s a real beauty!
1948 Triumph 2000 Roadster
A classic beauty.
This unique car came in not running and with overheating issues. Newly acquired by a Healey customer, we set about making it safe and reliable. First, we got all of the gauges working and made sure the doors opened and closed with regularity and then tackled the various mechanical issues. Among the major issues were that the right front spindle was junk and had to be machined for a new bearing. The thermostat housing was completely disintegrated and held together with an oversized hose. All of the material from the thermostat housing ended up in the radiator which had to be re-cored. We also rebuilt the distributor and replaced the points and condenser as the rubbing block was basically gone. Down the road, we’re looking to try an electronic ignition as well as a higher voltage coil to make sure this beauty remains running nicely and used regularly.